Before you get all crazy wondering what “Pot Pie” is . . . No, it is does not involve any illegal (or legal depending on where you live?!) substances. I just couldn’t fit the “Chicken” in the title.
I’m pretty sure that it’s been a couple of weeks since my last freezer session . . . the one where I said that I was going to make a freezer meal every week. Oops. “Whatever, I’m fabulous anyway!” Please read this article. It’s the internal dialogue that all moms and human beings should be having with ourselves. Enough with the guilt already.
I made a couple of Chicken Pot Pies this week. We ate one for dinner and the other went into the freezer. I had a little bit of a difficult time making it through this meal. Meltdowns were happening all over the place. It’s the dinner I mentioned in my last Funny Files post. I almost had to abandon completely but was able to salvage the meal by taking a few extra minutes to meet my kids needs. Anyway, this is not an original recipe so I am going to link to the original. A couple of notes . . .
- I used about 1.5 rotisseries chickens instead of cooking my own.
- You could omit the chicken completely and just add tons of veggies!
- You can use any veggies that you like. My mom brought over one recently that had brussel sprouts. I would never have thought to use them but it was delish.
- In this recipe, you make the sauce from scratch. It’s easy and yummy but you can also buy pot pie filling. I think it’s in the soup section at the grocery store.
- I love to top mine with extra salt and lots of pepper.
And remember . . .