There has been so much going on lately. This post is going to be random but all good!
I made what has become one of my favorite summer time dishes. Our friends Adam and Adryn brought this to us right after Elle was born and I made it so many times that I think we were all sick of it by the end of the summer. Quinoa, black beans and tomatoes with a zesty lime dressing. Yum!
Here is the recipe. It’s also very pretty.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to list
Prep 20 min
Cook 10 min
Ready In 30 min
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions together in a bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.
Fleet had a nursery rhyme show at school. When did he get so big?
Luke and I had a random morning together on Friday. This is so rare. We ran errands, got Mother’s Day gifts for our moms and had brunch together at Early Bird Cafe. Chicken and waffles is a really strange phenomenon, until you try it. Then its the best thing ever.
Harris Teeter made these chewbacca cupcakes for Fleet super last minute. They were so accommodating. They had them ready within a couple of hours and they turned out so cute.
Squash plants aren’t just yummy, they’re pretty.
My mother’s day presents; jasmine, society garlic and pine straw. Wow, when did we get so old??!! . . . and I was thrilled about all of it!
Early morning snuggles with my girl. Terrible picture of me (I’m trying to care less about this lately!) but such a special moment.
Luke’s last day of baseball. He loves baseball, you can throw the ball to him for hours. I heard his Uncle Bubbie was like this.
Elle will be 1 year old tomorrow. I am so excited to celebrate her this weekend. My next post will probably be after her party. Wish me luck getting ready …maniac mode begins!